These Standards are in addition to the provisions of our Terms and Conditions on User Generated Content and form part of those Terms and Conditions [See para 2.3]
We want the Site to provide an enjoyable experience for our users so please respect the following:
1. No personal abuse or attacks. It is fine to discuss issues or to attack another person's point of view or argument but it is not acceptable to attack them on a personal level.
2. No swearing or mindless abuse. You may think it's mild but someone else may find it offensive.
3. We will not tolerate racist, sexist, homophobic or other hate-speech or anything that could be interpreted as such.
4. Please be relevant.
5. We reserve the right to moderate or delete User Generated Content and if for any reason we edit any post or edit or close any thread, we will not enter into any discussion of our reasons for doing so.
6. Please don't post anything that may cause you or us legal problems. This includes, amongst other things, posts that may be defamatory or material that may be in breach of a third party's copyright or invasive of another's privacy.
In the event that you are in breach of our Terms and Conditions relating to User Generated Content and/or these Standards at any time, or you do not respect the spirit of the community or make postings which demand a disproportionate amount of time and moderation, your account may be suspended or you may be banned from the site. The length of any suspension will be in our sole discretion. If your account is suspended or you are banned you may not open another account with us and we reserve the right to terminate any such account. In the event that you continue to contravene our Terms and Conditions relating to User Generated Content and/or these Standards we reserve the right to contact your employer or your internet service provider.
If you see anything posted on the Site by a third party user of the Site which you believe to be in breach of our Terms and Conditions relating to User Generated Content and/or these Standards you may report it by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot guarantee that any action will be taken as a result of your email
If you wish to contact us about anything in relation to User Generated Content, please email email@example.com but we reserve the right not to enter into correspondence with you.
Trinity Mirror Merseyside, Liverpool Post’s parent company, is one of the North West’s largest multimedia providers, reaching more than 900,000 adults every month.
The Liverpool Post has been providing Liverpool and the surrounding areas with local news for over 150 years.
Reaching 34,800 people monthly through its print product alone, The Post also has a dedicated online audience, with 270,000 unique users visiting the site every month.
Those users contribute to over 393,000 visits and more than 660,000 monthly page views. A leading source of local business news, The Post has also launched The Post Business Daily, a dynamic new publication exclusively for tablet and smart phone users. A 30 page e-edition, Business Daily provides a loyal business audience with essential business news.
Source: JICREG April 2013, Omniture, 3 Monthly Average April-June 2013
Editor Liverpool Post and Liverpool Post Business Daily
Mark Thomas was appointed editor of the Liverpool Post in 2007, and is also editor of the Liverpool Post Business Daily. A former Press Association regional correspondent, Mark has worked as a reporter, deputy news editor, investigations editor, assistant editor and deputy editor in our business. In 2002 he was the Press Gazette Regional News Reporter of the Year, and he is also the author of a book on the James Bulger murder. Liverpool-born, he lives in Wirral with his partner Penny and their two dogs.