1. Which TV presenter's memoir is called My Animals and Other Family?
2. The title of Stephen King's novel 11.22.63 signifies an important date in American history. What happened on this day?
3. Which actress starred in the TV adaptation of James M Cain's Mildred Pierce?
4. What is the unusual name of The Woman Who Died a Lot in Jasper Fforde's latest novel?
5. In which Scottish city did Jane Harris set Gillespie and I?
6. Liverpool-born writer Jonathan Harvey's novel All She Wants is about an ordinary Scouse girl who becomes a soap star. For which soap does Harvey write in real life?
7. Which Liverpool-born science fiction author co-wrote The Long Earth with Terry Pratchett?
8. Jeanette Winterson's novella The Daylight Gate was based on what historical event?
9. Which 80s teen film star wrote When It Happens To You?
10. What fruit features in the title of Joanne Harris's third novel featuring Vianne from Chocolat?
11. What is the name of the billionaire businessman with a taste for S&M in the Fifty Shades trilogy?
12. JK Rowling's first book for adults was called The Casual what?
13. Hilary Mantel had a bestseller this year with Bring Up the Bodies, but for which novel did she win the 2009 Booker prize?
14. Chris Cleave’s novel Gold is based in the world of which sport?
15. In Jonas Jonasson’s novel, the hundred-year-old man climbed out of the window and did what?
16. Comedian David Mitchell published his memoirs, Back Story last month. He also got married. What is the name of his writer/presenter wife?
17. In The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker what astonromical event is causing the days to lengthen?
18. Which David Walliams novel has been turned into a Christmas TV special starring Hugh Bonneville?
19. In Jojo Moyes’ novel Me Before You, what was Lou Clark’s job at the start of the book?
20. Name the three books in Kate Mosse’s Languedoc trilogy.
Answers: 1. Clare Balding. 2. Assassination of President Kennedy; 3. Kate Winslet; 4. Thursday Next; 5. Glasgow; 6. Coronation Street; 7. Stephen Baxter; 8. The Pendle Witches trials; 9. Molly Ringwald; 10. Peaches; 11. Christian Grey; 12. Vacancy; 13. Wolf Hall; 14. Cycling; 15. Disappeared; 16. Victoria Coren; 17. The world’s rotation is slowing;18. Mr Stink; 19. She was a waitress in a cafe; 20. Labyrinth, Sepulchre and Citadel.